Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 70

Sunday

So eharmony has been a little lack lustre the past month or so. None of the matches are of interest to me and I haven't responded to any requests to communicate. So today I decided to change my tactics and see what happens. That means I've initiated communication with a few guys that I was hoping would come to me first. Perhaps some people only log in if they receive requests to communicate? I still believe most guys want to chase and not be chased but then I've never been good at "supposed to" and figure it's online, nothing to lose right?

Oddly enough, 2 of the guys are from BC and I finally answered first questions from a guy in MB too so I'm not sure where, if anywhere, these conversations will lead but I'll keep you posted.

I haven't been very fair to *Detroit. He did call me for a second date and I've been putting him on hold. I'm sure it has something to do with reconnecting with my former flame *Naples. I am still wavering on calling *Detroit to apologize for my putting him off. He's gone from the site, he was only on for a one month subscription and I guess he didn't feel it was something he wanted to keep doing. I understand that! Been there! But the fact that he is gone gives me an out. It gives me almost permission to let it just fall by the wayside. I mean really, we had one drink together for an hour a month ago. I think I've just answered my own question.

*Naples. We've had a couple of dates, great dates. I love being with him, he makes me smile. I'm so glad he's back in my life. But...he isn't interested in me being his girlfriend. Has he said that? No. But I know. I think. I don't know. He participates and responds instantly to anything from me, a phone call, a text, any and all of it. But he doesn't initiate. I can pretend it's because he's wary of me from our first time around but I've made it pretty clear I like being with him and he isn't taking any steps to move us forward. But I'm not very patient as all of my best girls like to remind me! It's all good, I'm enjoying it and will just try to go with the flow instead of forcing us both to swim upstream! I'll try anyway haha.

There are other possibilities in my future. I have a date with someone I've known for a couple of years - let's call him *Kensington. He travels a lot so it may take a while to make it happen but we've been making a pretty good effort to stay connected and talk so I'm looking forward to that. He's so sweet and talented and beautiful, I am thrilled we're finally seeing what's there. Or we're going to soon anyway.

So...thankfully real life has been filling in where online life has been lacking! As I say...it's hard for the one to compete with the other but I haven't had to worry about it since online has been quiet. I'm still feeling good about my summertime romance prospects :-)

Tally for Day 70:

Eharmony Guys to Mention: 0
Real Life Prospects: 2?


No comments:

Post a Comment