Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 22.1

Monday

*Yarmouth = Yawn. First coffee date was a dud. I suspected so but its still a bit disappointing. I don't really know what we have in common and I think he's a bit too quiet for me. The awkward part of this is that before we finished our coffee he asked me if I'd like to go out again. I said Sure but I knew I didn't mean it. But how awkward what that have been to say, "No I don't think so...pause...should we get the check?" I mean really. I guess he was sure I wanted to but even he made a couple of comments about how it was awkward between us and asked if he was boring me because I did look around and people watch a bit when conversation lulled - which was often. I'm not shy. And I'm also a flirt. This date was bordering on painful, I couldn't even entertain myself. Now I just have to wait until he calls me and then tell him I didn't feel any chemistry. It will be hard, but I've done it before and it is the truth which he deserves and I try to treat people the way I'd want them to in return.

*Sigh* - there is something profoundly lonely about a bad first date. Maybe I am not cut out to date a bunch of these guys hoping for a connection. Maybe I trust myself in that I already know without meeting them. Let's hope I'm wrong because I'm going to keep trying!

So I got an email from *Detroit today saying he'll call me for sure this week to make a plan. We both have full weeks so it looks like probably next week or maybe this weekend we'll get together. I am looking forward to meeting him. He seems really sweet, funny, down to earth and cute. I hope there's a spark!

I heard back from *Johannesburg - we've hit Open Communication. I really like his answers and as I keep saying, there's something about him I'm attracted to that I can't quite explain. His first message to me didn't say much except mostly that we'll talk soon so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could send him an email but I don't know what to say - a rarity for me! I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens, we've taken our time getting through the steps and I know he's been on here at least as long as I have and probably longer because I took a break for a month and a half after my first month. I don't know why that's relevant haha...

*Sacramento finally Opened Communication - again, not that I really care. And his first message is on the boring side - it just says if I have any questions for him to go ahead and ask. Snore. But, for whatever reason, our mutual friend *MIA was going to introduce us and then Eharmony matched us so I'm determined to follow through and meet him if we get to that out of curiosity! So I'm debating whether to up and tell him about our mutual friend connection. He might find it weird but I feel like I have information he doesn't and well we need to do something to spice up our conversations so...I'll keep you posted!

*Rochester and I are also in Open Communication and well, we're kind of arguing already ahaha! He's asked me the same question twice about what I would change about myself if I could and I keep answering in a way he deems untruthful or for whatever reason, unacceptable. I think I've been pretty clear and you're probably wondering why I bother talking to him but I love to debate and someone that's challenging me already is interesting to me. I'm not sure what will happen next, he'll either respond or close communication, not sure I care either way but we'll see...

There's another guy to mention - *Hartford. We are also at Open Communication - I know, that's 6 guys in Open Communication. It is a lot! But then again I just met *Yarmouth and that's over so really I'm only at 5 haha. *Hartford and I have had an interesting correspondence...I chose to circumvent the 2nd questions step in a way to push him on his MH/CS's. He lists family as a priority and a dislike for people that watch a lot of television and I don't know if I want kids - leaning towards no frankly, and I watch a lot of television - it's my livelihood and I love it. So I basically asked if we should bother going through the steps and he answered me really honestly and forthrightly so I am intrigued by him. He's supposed to call me this week too. So two dates on the horizon!!

There are 4 other guys I'm communicating with (and a 5th I think I want to close) - in various stages of the Guided Communication process. It does feel like a lot! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but also hopeful that there's someone here for me. Wish me luck!

Tally for Day 22.1...

First Date Disasters: 1
First Dates Pending: 2 !!
Guys in Open Communication: 6! (although we're about to close 1 - see First Date Disaster Above)
Guys I'm Communicating with in other steps: 5 (although only 4 actively)

No comments:

Post a Comment