Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 35

Sunday

What have you missed? A coffee date with *Detroit and not much else. Thankfully it was a much more successful than with *Yarmouth. *Detroit is sweet. We only had an hour together due to previous plans and him going out of town for the next couple of weeks. I don't know what to say. He's definitely smart and a good conversationalist, interesting profession and we have some things in common. He's engaging and I can tell he's a great guy. Sparks? I don't think so but it's hard to tell in an hour. I mean it's not hard to tell at all...but would I feel differently if we'd had more time (and a couple more drinks)? I don't know. I guess we'll see. We're going to go out again when he's back in a couple of weeks. I really don't know if it can turn into something romantic but I'm willing to explore the possibility.

I've been talking to *Johannesburg off and on. We have an okay correspondence but that's kind of what it feels like - pen pals. He hasn't made any comments or suggestions about taking this offline so for now we'll just talk.

*Rochester and I email but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. There wasn't one question in his last email to me or really anything for me to comment on so I haven't written back. I think this one is a dead end but neither of us have closed communication so we'll see.

Ahh yes, *Sacramento. That's at an interesting point. We're in open communication and I told him about *MIA being a common friend who had the intention of setting us up a few months back. I told him to feel free to ask her about me and he said he would have but she wasn't on the last hike they had planned. Too funny. So he said he'd like to get together and see if we click in person, I think we're both intrigued as to first *MIA and then eharmony putting us in each other's paths. So we'll see.

In more exciting news...there's someone new...let's call him *Cartagena. He's a new match that as soon as he saw my profile sent me a very forward and cute "Fast Track Request". No steps at all. And he's cute from his pictures! One of the better looking guys I've seen in the last 35 days for sure. Good profile. So I accepted. He thinks we might make an awesome couple - no one has ever said that right off the bat, I like the forthrightness. I like the initiative. Very manly and confident. And we seem to have some things in common. So we're emailing. No steps at all so we're organically getting to know each other. As organic as emails on eharmony gets I suppose! I'm excited about this one. I'll keep you posted! Wish me luck.

I've done what I said I wouldn't too...I've initiated conversation with a guy named *Jersey. There's something about him I have to know more about. Inexplicable. He's answered my first questions and I've answered his. Now it's up to him to send his MH/CS if he wants to. I don't think he does but I'm hoping we get to open communication so I can figure out what it is about him I'm drawn to. I don't have hopes for this, it's more curiosity. What am I on here for if not to explore the possibilities?

There's one more guy...*Memphis who I was matched with a couple of days ago. He says he prefers Fast Track to Guided Communication and that he'd rather meet face to face and hopefully have a good conversation at the least than spend the time online. He's obviously attractive to me or I wouldn't have mentioned him and his profile interests me. He's in Toronto which a few of those I've been talking to lately haven't been. So...do I wait to see if he writes me or do I fast track him? That's quite bold for me but I think he'd accept, whether or not he'd want to go out with me from there is tough to say. That's pretty bold for me. I'm going to think about it for another day or so...

So now that I've had two full months on this site I feel it's time to regroup for anyone wondering if I still think they should try it. I do. I absolutely do. I know I got lucky - and then unlucky - off the bat with meeting *Arizona so soon but it's that same reason I'm still hopeful I can do better. It's all timing - much like real life - and I've had fun talking to a bunch of guys. Two coffee dates in the first month - one worthy of a second. And some very interesting new prospects. So I'm still a fan. A hopeful one...

Tally for day 35...

First Dates Pending: 1
Second Dates Pending: 1
New Matches I'm Excited About: 2!





No comments:

Post a Comment