Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 8.1

Monday

Lots of updates, where to start? Okay, I'll start with *Arizona and perhaps end that story so we can move onto what is hopefully soon a budding new romance...

So I did it. I passively aggressively emailed him on eharmony. I know, I said I wouldn't. Or that I would call. I don't know, I'm a girl, I change my mind...a lot. I started an email...didn't like any of it. Trying to be cute and witty but not sound annoyed about where this has or rather, has not gone is tough! I just couldn't handle a phone call that started with him saying, "I'm sorry I haven't called" so I opted for the chickenshit route and tried to email him. But it wasn't working so I actually shut off my computer, left my apartment and made it all the way to the lobby when it hit me, I knew what I wanted to say. I thought I'd send it later after mulling it around a little longer...walked out of the building...went 10 feet...and turned around, went back up to my apartment, turned on my computer, wrote and sent a very good email. Why mess with a good idea and the guts when you have them?

It was brief... I said I know it was weird emailing him on eharmony but that it is the only email I have on him and that while I should probably be taking his lack of communication as a pretty clear signal, I'm a girl and we don't like to be left wondering so I had to throw a message out into the ether and see what came of it. It was short and sweet but not too sweet. Offering a clean slate, an open door, I told him I'd be Hot Doc'ing all week if he wanted to join me.

So for the next few hours (okay maybe still today...) every time I got an email notification from eharmony saying I received a "communication" from one of my matches my stomach flipped and I had a 3 second debate with myself to read further on whether it was from *Arizona or not. It wasn't. I half expected to see that he closed communication, that's what I'd like him to do if he isn't going to respond. But I feel better about it. That whole desire for closure that we women (or lots of us anyway, not to generalize!) are always after is satisfied for me - really. I'm done. Not to mention him again...unless of course he responds. But I can move forward 100%. Needy-Closure-Girl has left the building er... blog...And on that note...

*Johannesburg has not replied to my first questions after I answered his but again, he's a match from over a month ago and he may have moved on. He hasn't closed either so we'll see.

*Detroit and I have been exchanging steps...first questions, then MH/CS's...and then today I sent him my 3 short answer questions. We do seem to have a lot in common. His smile is sweet. But I'm not feeling that click - which I need to feel but I'm (pretending) to keep an open mind. It's almost summer, I'm up for some dates with guys I probably won't fall for - not sure why I'm more open to that in the summer but perhaps its Spring Fever - which I totally have! Don't get me started on my offline exploits...that would necessitate a whole other kind of blog...but back to *Detroit...at this rate we're going to get to "open communication" soon so that's kind of exciting. These steps do get a bit tedious when you aren't dying to move the process forward...

I have received quite a number of other requests, icebreakers and the like but none I'm interested in. It's flattering to be receiving so many communications - gives me hope. And I'm not gonna lie, there's something strangely addictive and comforting about waking up every day to the possibility of at least 7 new matches - still the same number every day for some reason. I like starting my day seeing who might be on there. It was nice to have the break for a month or so and I can see how after a number of months (and from what I can tell from the FAQ section, for some people its even years!) it could be tedious. But for now, its pretty fun. So if you're still wondering if you should try it - Y.E.S.

So! There's another interesting update for today...I received a request for communication (which as a reminder means someone sent me their first 5 questions) from *Sacramento. I had quickly looked through his profile when we were matched last week without any real feeling but I spent a bit more time as I contemplated whether I would answer his questions and send my own. I'm flipping through his profile pics (thankfully there were several, I hate when there's only one or a few - usually out of focus, badly cropped or photoshopped with their ex-significant others removed - or as I often wonder, their more handsome friends) and BAM! I've SEEN this picture before!! I KNOW who this guy is!!! And get this...I've seen it because a friend of mine a few months ago contemplated setting us up and showed me a few pictures of him from a hike they had been on recently. Go figure!! Not only does my friend *M.I.A. think we have something in common but so does eharmony! I find that odd and fascinating. I still don't feel anything when looking at his profile and *M.I.A. thinks he might be too conservative for me, but I'm definitely going to reply and see what happens - the fates have thrown us together twice now in the same year. I know, it's a big city but not that big and not THAT big a coincidence but still! So stay tuned, he hasn't answered my questions yet but he took a few days to initiate so maybe he's not on the site as much as I am. Too funny.

Anyway, I'm very long winded today so I'll leave you with today's tally...

Tally for Day 8.1...

First Questions Asked of me: 1
First Questions Answered by me: 1
First Questions Sent by me: 1
MH/CS exchanged: 1
Short Answer Questions Asked by me: 1
Guys I'm Waiting to hear from (not *Arizona): 2
Passive Agressive Closure Emails Sent: 1




No comments:

Post a Comment