Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 6

Thursday...

So *Boston probably read my answers today...I must admit I reread them myself a few times to see if I was happy with what I wrote. They're okay. Give me too much time to analyze something of mine and I'll find ways I would like to improve it. But its fine and I don't think there's anything in there that would make him close the match but I guess we'll see. I was wordier than I think I needed to be - shocking, I know. And I wish I had edited a bit more before hitting send, - that's what a bit of wine will do I suppose, but he's going to have to get to know and like that me too so I have no problem with sharing my slightly more gregarious side already...but it's natural to have insecurities and nervousness about it, I think there's potential that I like this guy. Feels weird saying that about someone I've never spoken to live or in person, but that's online dating I suppose. I was very honest - even admitting that a friend had paid for a one month subscription to encourage me to try it. This all-honestly, all-upfront, all-the-time, is scary and refreshing and hard and introspective and...and...and...

The day ended without hearing from him...but that's okay, I mean I have no idea how many other women he's at this point with or already dating for that matter. And maybe he's waiting to hear from some other girl first - who knows? He hasn't closed the match so...wish me luck!

In the meantime! *Chicago sent me back his "MH/CS" and I was really impressed. I'm going to ignore whatever it was initially that made me think there wasn't much depth to him and give him more credit - I think I felt that way because there wasn't as much information in his profile as I would have liked. He talks about intelligence and education in his "MH/CS" and other really important traits that I had listed as well - I think we shared 4 on each side, Must Haves and Can't Stands, and I definitely could easily have interchanged some of his with some of mine. There was just one that in his Must Haves that has me humming and hawing... "Attractiveness...... I must have a partner who is considered "very attractive" by most current standards."

Don't get me wrong, I want someone attractive - to me. Whether that is "current standard" or not, is the part that throws me off. He is a very good looking guy so understandably he wants someone very attractive as a partner. That doesn't bother me. Maybe just that it's in his list of top 10 Must Haves that I'm bothered by it when there were so many other choices I personally would have picked and did pick first. But whatever, such a minor thing for now, I'm really looking forward to getting to know more about him because his profile doesn't say much at all. I'll send him my 3 short-answer questions...tomorrow.

I received 15 new matches today and there's a new guy in there that I'm interested in talking to. And he sent me his first 5 questions as well so we're off to a good start. *Arizona and I work in the same business which I've generally preferred to avoid because I like to learn about other jobs and why someone is passionate about doing something else but I definitely wouldn't discount someone in my industry. Interestingly, I sent him back my 5 questions and he answered them very well - including a blurb about our business that struck a chord with me! Quite a lot of contact on this first day...so I'll wait until tomorrow to send him my "MH/CS".

Another guy I had kept in my "maybe" section asked me his first 5 questions today. I'm on the fence about this guy from my initial reading of his profile and looking through his pictures but there's something about him that says I'll see where it goes. And he initiated so I answered his questions and sent him mine and he replied to them as well - not that I respond to everyone that initiates - not even close. But I had looked at his profile a few times and put him under my "maybe" tab which for me, means I might respond if they initiate. I haven't decided whether I'm ready to send my "MH/CS" yet. This talking to many guys about such personal info so soon is a bit weird - and it's only Day 6!

Tally for Day 6:

New Matches Worth Mentioning: 1
1st Questions Received that I Answered: 2
1st Questions I sent that were Answered: 2
Must Haves/Can't Stands Exchanged: 2




No comments:

Post a Comment