Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 10

Monday

Double digit days. First person to person contact. I called *Arizona! We had a great talk - 23.25 minutes according to my phone log. Not too much beyond the "recommended" first call. Not that it was on my mind when we were talking! Just an afterthought as I write this.
It went really well. Get this... I am the first person he got as a match after he paid last week. We joined just days apart and I was the first match he could see that he looked at. Is it just me or is that potentially really romantic! And he told me about it in our first call. That tells me he's open, he isn't hiding anything from me. I reciprocated by telling him it's only been a week for me. He also offered up , or maybe I asked, I don't remember...that he's on eharmony because two of his best, long time friends have been in long relationships because of eharmony. I'm beginning to really believe this system works - is that weird? I don't mean to pretend I think *Arizona is the guy for me but I'm open to the possibility.

So! We're going out on Wednesday. Wish me luck! My first eharmony date...

I'm a bit fascinated by the conversation in a sense - for the first time ever, I had the guy's number to call, I didn't passively give him mine and wait to hear from him. I called, when it worked for me. He asked me to get together and I picked the date and time. He picked the place because it was convenient for me - oddly enough, one of my favourite haunts haha! And suggested a possible activity that I would totally love, that he had no idea before he said it, but was spot on! There's a definite compatibility here, or at least, what appears to be a compatibility. And a definite confidence in me that perhaps I wouldn't have if we'd met first. Definitely in part because I know he is interested in what he knows about me, he fast tracked, he sent me 2 messages before I said a word and the second had his phone number in it. He wanted me to call, I'm sure that made it easier. I don't know what it all means. But I'm feeling good about it, about him, about this whole process. *Natalie...thank you for nudging me (to use an eharmony word haha) in this direction. Regardless of what happens, you're right, so far, this has been good for me, as me. No matter what happens.

Meanwhile, *Minnesota sent back his "MH/CS" - is that strange to talk about dating one guy and talking to another? It is for me, but in online terms I don't think it is. Not that I know, it's still all new to me. I just think, so what, I've had one conversation with a guy, so I'm going to put a hold on anyone else until I meet him? I don't think that's the point of this. I suspect that will change quickly if I have a good time with *Arizona. I really am a one-guy kind of girl. Perhaps that's been part of my reluctance about trying online dating. Too much buffet, not enough Kobe beef.

So, *Minnesota's "MH/CS" were great. We had four on each side that matched and there was nothing in his that struck a wrong note with me. I wanted to learn more. So I sent three short answer questions to him. I do look forward to hearing back from him.

It does change things when there's a real person involved. A person I've phoned. A person I've spoken to and shared some part of my life with. Someone I am looking forward to meeting - what am I going to wear???? If I like him, this will get tougher. A real person instead of 10+ people a day that I'm reading about and considering talking to. But one date, is one date, and I guess we'll see...

Speaking of, 9 new matches, but I think I've got enough going on!

Tally for Day 10:

Live contact by phone made: 1 !!!
Date to meet scheduled: 1 !!!
Must Haves/Can't Stands Returned: 1
New Matches Worth Mentioning: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment