Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 9

Sunday

Well, the answer I've been waiting for came in today...*Boston closed our communication. He did leave me a closed message - a list of reasons, you can check any or all that apply - he checked that he is pursuing other matches at eharmony. I suspected that. That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

But that's really it. I'm not hurt, I'm somewhat relieved because now I know and I don't sit wondering. Which in real life would be totally different. I'd be wondering why he didn't call when he seemed into me and probably stupidly text him or something trying to illicit a response. I've mentioned my forwardness...anyway, this kept me from doing that, I feel fine about what communications we shared and if I'm not for him, so be it. Really. I think I would have been more upset if he had done it right after we had all that contact. I would have taken it more personally, I would have thought it was something I said. And maybe it was, I'll never know. But I appreciate that he closed the match and gave me a reason, neither of which he was required to do. He could have left it open, he could have let me wonder. See, I knew he was a good guy, haha, just not the guy for me.

So just out of curiosity sake, I could have one more contact with him, I could choose to send him a final reply to his closed message - which I would think of doing if I had more control over what you can say, but these are the only options available in that section and none of them are me at all...

- I have now posted my photo and when it is approved it should be available to you.
- I have completed all my Match Profile questions.
- Good luck with your search.
- I really felt that we had potential. I'd like you to reconsider.
- I think if we met, you might have different feelings about who I am.

I don't want to say any of those things to him. The last two have a hint of desperation that I have no intention of sending him. Sometimes I get the "good luck with your search" message when I close matches. Sometimes I think that's nice and other times that its just unnecessary. So on that note, I'll just let *Boston close the match. He can at any time reopen the match if he changed his mind, but for me, this is over. Bye-bye *Boston!

The other good thing about this is that I'm going to be more open when I talk to *Arizona - I emailed him today to say I'll call him tomorrow. I have a couple of concerns about *Arizona and I am kind of missing the information I would have gotten if we continued in the guided communication. But ultimately this isn't a game, it's a chance to meet someone so let's get on with the meeting! I don't have butterflies in the way I had for *Boston and that I even have a little bit with *Chicago but on the other hand, I have a weird comfort level with *Arizona. I don't know if it's the fact we're in the same business or if he just seems that down to earth but I am a bit nervous about calling him. I've just never done this before, like this. Wish me luck!

Speaking of *Chicago, he looked at my profile today but still no answer to my questions. I wonder if this is like *Boston and that means he's communicating with someone else and waiting to see what happens. I'm totally fine with that if that's the case, but the fact that I keep bringing him up means I do want to hear from him.

In new news...the guy from yesterday with the icebreaker and no picture sent my his first five questions and posted a picture! A cute picture! So I answered *Minnesota's questions and sent him mine - they were mostly the same questions I ask which hasn't really happened yet. I more or less send the same questions, give or take a couple depending on what is or isn't in his profile and what he asked me. He answered my questions pretty quickly - the same way I answered his more or less! I liked that for some reason so later in the day I sent him my "MH/CS". We'll see what happens next!

10 new matches today - 0 worth mentioning.

Tally for Day 9:

Matches Closed on Me worth mentioning aka First (online) Heartbreak: 1
First Questions Asked I Answered: 1
First Questions Asked He Answered: 1
Must Haves/Can't Stands Sent by me: 1
New Matches Worth Mentioning: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment