Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 5

Wednesday

What started as a fairly uneventful eharmony day, there was a very exciting ending!!

I received 11 new matches in the morning and apparently I was wrong, there are a lot more guys out there to match me with, that aren't all duds. Perhaps they don't want to inundate me with them all at once so they space them out - I do receive about 10-12 a day on average. There was one guy in there I thought sounded interesting but I don't intend to initiate with him, if he's interested he can contact me.


I received answers to my questions from *Chicago - they were good answers. Next step, I have to send my "must haves/can't stands" which from here on I'm going to shorten to "MH/CS", I'm long winded enough, I could use a short form or two! I would have sent them right away but he has taken a day or two to respond to each step so far, so I'll do the same. But I will send them. I'm curious if he'll close the match based on them. Not sure why my gut says we're not that compatible, but I'm keeping my mind open, I've been wrong about a lot of guys in my life!

The most exciting news of yesterday is that *Boston answered my 3 short answer questions!!! I can't tell you how excited I was when I got that notification - but I didn't read them right away. I was cooking dinner for a good friend, *Tracy - who made an excellent point about eharmony that I hadn't thought of...she's in marketing and so thinks about these kind of things - she said that the thing that makes eharmony stand out over the other sites like lavalife is their advertising strategy and placement. Lavalife airs commercials late at night, targeting the drunk-dialing type of single who's looking for someone to hook up with whereas eharmony advertises in the day, prime time. Gives them another notch of credibility if you ask me.

Anyway! Back to *Boston! His answers were great!! He thought about them and wrote full answers, not just a few words. It appears that we come from similar places with respect to the towns we grew up in, the reasons we're trying eharmony, and what we think of it so far.

And! Very interestingly, I posted a few more pictures of myself to my profile, definitely in part thinking it might interest *Boston. I had a few there already but they were just of me, fairly standard profile pictures and I wanted to show him a bit more about my life - and consequently anyone else I talk to as this goes on and I talk to more guys. And I know *Boston looked at them because he commented on one of them in one of his answers - kind of off hand, not related to the question he was answering!! I liked that he went out of the box to make that comment even though it's about him not being a cat person. Too bad, but I've converted others so I'm not daunted by it!

And! Probably not coincidentally, he put up a couple of new pictures!!! So we're non-verbally communicating too. Interesting. And both pictures were amazing - things he's done in his life, adventure and volunteer work too!!! Is this guy for real??? I sure hope so.

Next step - he sent me three short answer questions back. Three good questions as well, he of course sends back the one about why I joined eharmony, I expected to get that one back! They were all from the pre-selected list but they were all good. One I was totally stumped by but I managed an answer that may or may not have actually answered the question. Either way it told him something about me. I started my first answer by saying I liked his answers and that I appreciated that he seemed to have put thought into them. I also said I know that might be counter "guided communication" guidelines but that I was willing to say it anyway.

So what's next??? OPEN COMMUNICATION!! He has to iniate this step (good! I'm tired of having to take the next step! although appreciative that he's responding and reciprocating). So now it's a waiting game. I can't imagine anything I said in my answers that would make him end our communication here but then again, this is all new to me! Open communication means that eharmony will provide us with a secure email to keep talking opening. We can also request a secure phone call and talk to each other. Or forego the whole eharmony aspect and exchange real emails/numbers - but I think we're a ways from that yet. But I am really hoping I get to meet this guy at some point.

In other news, I was "nudged" today that I found a bit annoying. Apparently there's this feature that eharmony will send me an email "nudging" me from some guy who has sent me questions that I haven't answered yet. I get that some people on this site probably don't check it with the frequency I am or perhaps that it wanes over time, especially if you're getting frustrated with the results but I still don't think nudging is ever necessary. He can see that I looked at his profile - there's a "Who's Viewed Me" section that shows you by day who looked at you. So, I'm going to look again today and probably close that match.

Okay *Boston...ball is in your court...Open Communication (hopefully) here we come!

Tally for Day 5:

New Matches Worth Mentioning: 0 - but 1 I liked if he contacts me.
Short Answer Questions He Answered: 1 !!!
Short Answer Questions Asked of me: 1 !!!
Short Answer Questions I Answered: 1 !!!
First Questions Asked of Me: 4
First Questions I Answered: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment